Model A Minute – Coming Soon
Frequent news articles coming soon.
Canadian Maritime & West Point Tour
With Lukie & Huge Smith
My wife Joanne and I were having great difficulty planning our dream tour
to the Canadian Maritime States when we discovered that Hugh and Lukie
Smith were doing the same and way ahead of us. They invited and we
accepted. Their friend Whit Moore made the third car and what a fantastic
team we made having a fabulous time. After we toured New Brunswick, Prince Island, and Nova Scotia, on the way home Hugh had arranged for us to tour the US Military Academy at West Point, NY. Driving our Model A’s around
West Point with our “personal” guide was also the experience of a life time.
One picture shows the three Model A’s heading North on a beautiful Maine
country road Lukie chose for us. The second a pix at WPMA waiting for our
escort, and, the other was taken at West Point at the auto service center as
we refueled preparing for departure.
What a time and what a fantastic trip Lukie planned and navigated for us.
Proposed Changes to MARC Constitution
How to Submit an Ad
The following rules and guidance shall apply to all ads placed on this site:
- All ads submitted through the website are also sent for publication in the Model A News.
- Classified Ad service is a free benefit of MARC membership. As a benefit to our MARC members we do accept ads from Non – MARC Members who are selling cars or parts as in the case of a deceased family member or friend.
- MARC accepts NO responsibility or liability for the content, possible misrepresentation of items, or any other disputes that may result from an ad placed on this web site. The advertiser accepts the sole responsibility for the ads content.
- MARC reserves the right to reject any ad deemed to be unfit or inappropriate.
- Ads will be posted on the web site for 4 months and in the Model A News for 1 month. Upon request, we will remove or extend the time as needed.
- All ads received must be clearly identified as an ad for placement on the MARC web site and specify the category where the ad is to be placed. Specifically, Cars For Sale; Parts For Sale; Literature For Sale; Wanted; or Fashions For Sale.
- The ad should provide the following: a brief description of the item(s); such as “1928 Roadster”, “Engine Parts”, “Assorted Parts”, “Service Letters”, etc.
- A complete description of the item(s), including, where applicable; condition, color, interior, prices, and for cars any national awards received such as: MARC of Excellence (fine point); MARC Touring Class awards, AACA, MAFCA, etc. Do not list any local car show awards.
- The ad must provide advertiser’s contact information, including name, phone number, and/or e-mail address (if available) .
- Up to three 3 jpeg images may be included with the ad. These images must be included as separate files, specifically not imbedded in the ad.
- Submit all ads (or questions about ad placement or removal) for the web site using the form below:
Contact the webmaster if there are any problems. Webmaster
- NOTE: Ads placed on the MARC web site will be automatically included in the Model A News.
Putting Out Fires in Branson
A Good Time Was Had By All at The Granville Membership Meet
Updated Newsletter Judging Criteria
Some of the former requirements have been eliminated and implemented a couple others. The new judging criteria are:
- Format and Quality
- Calendar of Events
Club Member Information/Articles
- List of Officers
- Technical Tips, Articles
- Era Fashion Articles
- President’s/Director’s Column
- Drawings, etc.
- National Club News
- Editor’s Column
- Classified Section
- Photographs or Sketches
- Minutes of Club Meetings
- Reports of Past Events
- Youth Outreach Activities
Harbor Area Model A Club Veterans Day Tour
Poquoson High School Model A Ford Day 2017